Departmental Honors Liaisons (DHLs) help Honors students successfully pursue the Honors degree. They also serve as an important liaison between the student’s major and the Honors College. DHLs are faculty members appointed by the Department Chair to serve 3-year terms. They provide vital service to the Department, College, University, and most importantly, students!
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF DHLs?
Your role is to facilitate thesis completion in all the ways that make sense for you and your department/unit. The following are responsibilities associated with the DHL role:
- Be familiar and in communication with Honors students in your department who are working on theses to ensure successful completion
- Get to know the Honors students in your department, keeping track of their progress
- Connect students to potential faculty thesis supervisors as needed
- Organize gatherings for Honors students in the department
- Coordinate with your college's Peer Thesis Facilitators to provide support for Honors students in the department
- Reach out to the Honors thesis support team in the Honors College as needed (email@example.com)
- Communicate regularly with faculty supervising Honors theses (expectations, mentoring resources, deadlines, etc.)
- Develop and administer your department's strategy for thesis completion in collaboration with department leadership, advising staff, students, and faculty
- Maintain and communicate my department's thesis requirements and departmental thesis description
WHAT RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE TO SUPPORT DHLs?
Please visit the DHL Canvas course for the following modules:
- What is Honors About? An Orientation and Overview
- Promoting Thesis Completion
- Shaping Program and Policy to Increase your Students' Success Beyond the Thesis
- When Problems Arise
WHO ARE THE DHLs?
WHO ARE THE PEER THESIS FACILITATORS?
|Areas/Colleges responsible for||Name||Umail|
|College of Science, Mines & Earth Sciences||Alayna Stoddardfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Business||Brooke Smithemail@example.com|
|College of Humanities, Fine Arts, Social & Cultural Transformation; backup for CSBS, Social Work, Education||Callie Avondetfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|College of Science, Mines & Earth Sciences||Anyhya Yalavartyemail@example.com|
|Colleges of Health, Nursing, Medicine||Jenny Echevestefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Engineering and CAP||Kelsey Hartemail@example.com|
|Engineering and CAP||Nate Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|CSBS, Social Work, Education||Sofi Thomemail@example.com|