Main Navigation

Ashley Mowery

Ashley Mowery

Graduation Year: 2019

Hometown: West Jordan, UT

Major: Kinesiology

Graduate or professional degree: Medical Student

Share your experience with the Honors College:

I had many valuable experiences throughout my undergraduate degree in the Honors College. I think the most influential experience was the completion of my honors thesis. I had the opportunity to see my project all the way through the research process beginning with the IRB and ending with publishing the abstract in the Undergraduate Research Journal. This experience laid the foundation for my interest in clinical research and gave me the tools necessary to work as a Clinical Research Coordinator after graduation and be involved in clinical research as a medical student.

Tell us what you’ve been up to or future plans:

After graduation, I worked as a Clinical Research Coordinator at Primary Children’s Hospital on a large-scale genetic testing project for two years prior to starting medical school. Recently, I just completed my second year of medical school here at the University of Utah Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine! I am enjoying medical school and look forward to my clinical clerkships during my last two years of medical school. I plan to pursue a career in Pediatrics and am currently interested in Neonatology.